It's time for... auditions?




Today I made some art about some dreams I had.


In one dream, I was auditioning for some kind of dance production.




I made a collage.

I like making collages when I am trying to describe the feeling of dreams.

Using random pictures I can get from magazines seems more spontaneous than trying to find the exact thing and photo-shopping it.



I gathered some pictures about dance, and pasted them in my journal




Then I painted over the page with acrylic paint.



It was shiny paint.

I'm glad I saved the "before" picture.

I'm having issues trying not to obliterate the original idea.

\


I made a second collage in the same way.




In that dream, we were learning the big finale, a kind of spinning routine, like ice dancers do.

I woke up feeling like I was really going to need to practice spins.




In another dream, I was painting a Eucalyptus tree. I don't know why, that tree.

Maybe going to the Sawdust Festival reminded me of a plein-air painting class I once took?




I made a landscape collage, with different pictures, in a similar way as the others.




It ended up not being about a tree, or painting, but it was fun!


I kept thinking, Photoshop would be easier.

But not as satisfying as cutting up pieces of paper, and using real paste and paint.




After work, I stopped by the thrift store.


I found something that I had been looking for, for awhile, with another project...


I will work on it tomorrow, and hopefully finish, so I can blog about it!

Comments

  1. I love your dance collages Julie, and especially the way you used paint to solidify & blend. I love that you blog and always look forward to what you share cars, art, koi or whatever. Thank you for the Sawdust pass, I will use it and think of your kind thoughtfulness! Thanks Julie! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts