I didn't do the things I meant to do this week



Uh oh, I forgot to blog again!


This week, I felt I didn't do much anything exciting or artistic.



But looking through my camera roll, I really did do something this week.

I did photograph the cat, who managed to sum up the week in one picture.





Last Sunday I went to the Huntington beach pier.


I can't believe the week has gone by, and I didn't post anything.




There were a lot of people, which made me feel OK, because I felt like I could blend in.



The wind spinners at the kite shop always provide an interesting photo.









The sunset is always good at the pier, but I prefer a pastel colored sunset.


I mostly just needed to go for a walk.



This week, I was also determined to draw some koi fish from a photo.






I sketched them in water color pencil, on water color paper.




I painted the water.




The water was green, so I went with it.

I decided not to paint the black patches, on the one fish.





I added a little more details, like the eyes and scales





I realized that my koi are orange instead of deep red, and not very evenly patched.

After trying to draw them, I realize why a deep red and white patched koi is so prized.



One day, I tried to make some earrings based on the amazing ones I saw at the Sawdust Festival.


I only came up with this, all week:



Too overwhelmed with ideas, I guess.


This week, I also took out a pen and ink, to draw in my sketchbook.

The look is so random and different, I'll put it in another post...

Comments

  1. It seems to me you did a lot! Hard to be energetic in the heat, at least for me. I REALLY like your koi, the water and the colors are great! I think you're a wee bit hard on yourself Miss Julie! ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts