Art Festivals!



Thursday was my day off.



I remembered I hadn't been to the Art Festivals in Laguna in a few years...



It looks like I picked a good day to go.


It was only almost 80 degrees yesterday, but today it's 112!



(A few minutes ago I put this thermometer outside under this tree, so it wasn't in the sun all day or anything.)



(Yesterday)


I parked in the gravel lot, way up the canyon, and took the trolley to all the shows.





The Sawdust Festival is the most fun out of the three shows.

Most years, I go to that show, but I haven't been to any of them, at least since I started blogging.


Yesterday, I felt like I needed an extra dose of art, and paid for the three-show season pass.




I thought I might be able to give the pass to a friend, who could use it another day.

But, they made me sign my own name on it. Darn!






I knew I could not take photos of the art, so most of my pictures are of other things at the shows.




The water wheel wishing well, is still next to the fairy booth.




I threw a penny in of course.


The waterfall by the stage up on the hill:





Even if I could not take pictures of artwork, I made several mental notes...





There were new artists booths at the Sawdust Festival, and many old familiar ones.




I went to one booth with an artist who is new this year to the show.

Her mixed media art was very inspiring.

  www.linda-mcinnis-designs.com

I mentioned to her, I wasn't going to be able to give away my season pass because it had my name on it.

She gave me a free 1-day pass for the Sawdust Festival, that I can give away!



It made my day.





The music stage at the festival:






Next door to the Sawdust Festival is the Art-A-Fair.




Some of the art here is the same as the other two shows, but for some reason this place is fairly empty, except for the restaurant in the back section.



There was a lot of "animal art" in this show.

There are always paintings of koi fish, for instance.

I realized I have my own koi fish pond, and have never yet tried to do a painting of koi fish!




I made a mental note to do a painting of koi fish, the next time I do some painting.

Before a raccoon eats them all, again.
:




Riding the open-air trolley to the different shows was fun.




The last show I visited was the Festival of the Arts, which is across the street, next door to the Pageant of the Masters.

It was full of people, and I felt like I could hide among the tourists.







In retrospect, I could tell my way of thinking and looking at art has changed since the last time I went.


I am still anxious about not having a "style" of my own, but I feel more confident in my own abilites.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts