Wild west

It has been many days since I last put anything up.

I've been busy at work.

I haven't done many crafty things, or anything to do with the cars.



The church carnival was more than 1 week ago, already!

The theme was Western and I was excited to dress up.
Most of my closet is made up of jeans and boots.



I found an embroidered top at Walmart that looked a little Western.


I decided to embellish it with some sequins and beads.




It is hard to see what I added:





The weekend ended up being so cold and gloomy, I didn't wear this sleeveless top at all!




The festival committee came up with an easy way to make Western decorations for the booths.

I helped them make "wagon wheels," from hula hoops and masking tape!




Laying masking tape on the hoops makes the spokes of the wheel.



Some volunteers spray painted the "wheels" brown.



Twenty wheels seemed like a lot of wheels, but there were a lot of booths, and in the end it was a nice effect.



The church also rented hay bales and barrels for decoration.

There was a mechanical bull!



(I would have gotten on, if somebody dared me.
Actually it was a small bull, and mostly only kids were riding it.)


Another project I did was to make these "Loot bags" from burlap.


I found a 12 foot long burlap "table runner" at Michael's.

(Most of the burlap went to make "flags"for a banner, which I didn't take pictures of.)


I can't sew, so I used hot glue to form the sides of the bag.

I filled the bags with paper from the paper shredder.

People used the bags to take fun pictures, which is what I wanted.



Everyone was in the spirit of things.

The carnival is always the high point of the year.


I'm the scruffy one in the back, with my co-workers.


Since I wasn't on the committee, I didn't have to stay up late doing planning and things.

However,  a large number of people on the staff caught a cold and are sick this week.

I'm trying not to get sick, too.

Comments

  1. What a great idea with the hula hoops for wheels, I wouldn't have thought of that and they turned out great!

    Stay well, Julie!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts