Intstalling carpet into car, with a guest



Yesterday and today, I did a little more putting the carpet into the green car.

I really miss driving the green car, and that is my motivation.


I got all the carpet out.



When I purchased the carpet, I also bought some sound-deadening rubber matting.




This did not have instructions, but it came with holes, and it was pretty easy to figure out where it went.



The carpet also doesn't have instructions.



I was dismayed to find that it had only one hole, in the center for the gear shifter etc.




The hole wasn't very big, either.


I was able to loosen the stereo enough to pull the old carpet out, but the new carpet bunched up and wouldn't go in.




I can see that the carpet was not going up under the pedals, either.



I will ask my friends for help on removing the stereo console. That will help.

Also, hopefully sitting in the hot car will cause the carpet to settle down into shape.



Yesterday, a stray cat I've never seen before, came over to see what I was doing.





I think it sleeps under my car, and must have been wondering what I was doing to its bed!


Here, she is inspecting at the new carpet.




At one point, it fully climbed into the car!


I kept the old carpet, and the cat inspected that, too.





I think I need to pull the new carpet back out, and compare the holes to see what's wrong.


Now that I'm looking at my pictures...
I am going to just check again that I didn't lock the cat up in the car!




Another thing I have been doing is watching the volcano in Hawaii.



I saw this neat-looking graphic of the lava flows on the USGS website.
(This is Saturday's)




It reminds me that we are living in the 20th century.

Comments

  1. Good luck Julie, looks like a big job
    but I have faith in you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts