To journal or not to journal



I am taking a class on Thursdays at Catalyst art studio in Westminster.

Mixed Media Journals with artist Jacki Long.

https://www.artsupplywarehouse.com/catalyst.php




We received a small sketchbook as part of the class.

When I have time, I try to paste and paint in it.

(I also have a larger sketchbook that I mostly write in, these days)

I've decorated the cover of the smaller sketchbook.





Today I got up early and worked in the sketchbook a little more.



Here are some pictures.


These blobs we did in class, became faces.






It took me awhile to figure out what to put on this background:




Jacki always recommends us to make a grid and fill it with images.



Making a grid is a good way to unblock creativity.



I like Jacki's class because she shows us many different techniques, but we are free to do anything.




At home I have a large collection of interesting paper and scraps that I really need to get rid of.

They are sitting in boxes in my patio because I refuse to allow them into my art studio room.

I am trying to throw out most of it and keep only the things that I can use to make art.


I was easily able to find something to make a page about that fascinating volcano in Hawaii:


Many of these pages, like this one, don't feel complete, yet.

It is hard to know when to stop adding things.


I am pretty rusty and have done hardly any scrapbooking or drawing all year.


The more I do, the better it gets:







I pasted together an advertisement and some random poetry and made it about my car:







Some of my pages are about interesting dreams.











I debated taking a nap before going to work, or visiting the mechanic..


The nap won, but I am really behind on my car repairs / catching up on car-club gossip.

I really need some motivation to finish the carpet project.

Also some advice on some parts that are hard to remove and I don't want to break them.



At work I got lucky.

There was a power outage, so the phones and internet were down for a whole hour!

This is the busiest time of year at the church office, so it was nice to get a reprieve.

Comments

  1. Love that you've been using your journal, I hope you keep it up. More fun today! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts