These are not my buttons. Are they?

I spent all day Sunday, after work, cleaning.

Instead of like, going to church.



One of the things I did was to gather Mom's cookie tins, with her sewing notions.






I also sort my art supplies but I like to use square plastic drawers.




Using round colorful cookie tins is cute but it would drive me nuts.



Mom knew how to sew with a machine, and crochet, and she liked to paint.

I occasionally asked her to teach me to sew with her sewing machine.

I would quickly get frustrated and quit, and so I never learned.


Even though I can't sew (with a machine,) over the years of doing craft projects, I made my own collection of sewing-type things.

I decided to empty out the tins and consolidate her notions with mine.




I was suprised when I opened this tin.

At first I thought it couldn't be Mom's.

Maybe it belonged to one of her friends.




I didn't recognize the contents.

The bunch of shiny black buttons were exactly like some I bought a year or two ago.

Back then, I made them into button earrings.



What did mom buy them for? How old were they?

Buttons don't change a lot over history.




But then I found some of my brother's school awards at the bottom of the tin, so it had to be Mom's.



Inside was a jar of metallic plastic buttons.




When I was making button earrings, I also bought a package of faux vintage buttons just like this.


It was very confusing because I don't remember ever seeing these before.

But, Mom was always careful to hide shiny things away from me.

It is weird too, how we were attracted to the same things.



Whatever project she used them for, I can't remember.




Mom did office work, so I was not surprised to find this ancient box of staples in the same tin.





I imagined it contained some boring kind of clothing fastener.


To my amazement, inside were these shell buttons shaped like buckles.



I had never seen these before, either.

Only one round one.


They are about 1" long.

I will have to look them up and see what they are supposed to be.

Definitely going to use them for something special!


Is Mom gifting me a "cookie" from beyond, for finally doing some cleaning around the house?

Comments

  1. Yes! I believe she is. I believe she is with you to help, guide and protect you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts