Painting Bathroom Again, and a Sunset



When we remodeled the house, we didn't have money to re-do the bathrooms.



Last year, I painted it a grayish teal, to match the ugly vinyl tile,

(it was probably meant to go in a kitchen. I think I picked out this tile when I was a kid.)

Here, I am pulling out the baseboard; you can see the floor:



It didn't cost much to buy new vinyl tile, but it took me a long time to make up my mind.

They only make about a dozen patterns at Home Depot, or Lowes, or anywhere.

I wanted something grayish, to hide the dirt. I dye my hair sometimes.

Also, if I got a white floor tile, it would bring out the mildew on the other things, like the tub.


I finally picked out a gray tile I liked, but now it didn't match the walls.



So this weekend on various days I painted the walls.

I did the corners yesterday.



I used a light grayish purple, like the color of my bedroom, but a shade lighter.

I did the ceiling.

Finishing took about 2 hours today.


It will dry a tiny bit darker.

You can see how this new wall color matches my new gray floor:




I have the day off tomorrow, so I will either do the floor, or play hooky and do something with the cars.





While the paint dried I visited some thrift stores, but didn't find anything interesting...



There was the right mixture of clouds and sun to make for a good sunset.


I went to the HB pier to walk.



It was cold and gray.

It didn't seem like it would be a colorful sunset, but it was interesting anyway.



There will be a volleyball competition soon, and the big tents and arena looked like a castle!







I walked toward the end of the pier.


The grayish purple clouds reminded me of my grayish purple color scheme at home.




It was very peaceful.

I think I have not been to the pier all year long.

Suddenly, the clouds lit up with color!




The wispy clouds lit up like the Aurora Borealis.


I could not have been happier!

The clouds faded.



The Palos Verdes peninsula in the distance reminded me of the volcano in Hawaii.





I have been following the volcano eruption with interest all week.


Also, on Netflix, I have been watching a show called "Terrace House."

It is like "The Real Life" but in Japanese.

The actors can be annoying, because they are so young, but it is also kinda cute.

Right now I am watching the season where they live in a house in Hawaii.

Comments

  1. Always a project, right? Funny with house projects, they usually require more projects?
    Your sunsets and beach photos are spectacular, Julie! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts