Old roses




Earlier week, I made this collage in my journal.




That day, I was making an effort to paint and paste things onto the paper. 

I was organizing art supplies (which seems to take up more time than actually painting)
and these were just scraps that caught my attention.




I also tried again, to do these roses with watercolor.



They were starting to wilt.



I drew a sketch with watercolor pencil.


I'm still rusty after not drawing for so many months, so my aim was off.





After drawing the roses, I put in a background with regular watercolors.




This time I tried not to make the background mud-colored.

The sketchbook is large, 11x14 so I had issues with the background drying at different rates.



The rose I drew was not very neatly done.

Instead of filling it in with a wash, I kept scribbling on it with markers.




I also added some more color in the background, with a watercolor pencil.




I went over the background again with water to blend it.


This is where it ended up:



 Messy but better than nothing.




Yesterday I put the rest of the lanterns in the orange tree, to get them out of my way.




Still thinking about how to light them up with something solar powered. 

Comments

  1. I really like the wilting roses better, visually, and think you did a great job.
    And, I love the lanterns on your tree, perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts