changing weather, some beads



This week started out very hot!

 It was almost 90 degrees on Monday.

Today was cold and windy.



The Jacaranda trees in the neighborhood are from South America.


They have their seasons mixed up.

They only a few weeks away from blooming, but you wouldn't know it.




They have just lost all their leaves, and they are dropping their clam-shell like seed pods.



I picked these up as I walked home from work today.




These would be fun to draw, but I don't feel like sitting still right now.





Earlier in the week, I made some stretch bracelets from some beads I bought at the Orange Circle.




There is a Native American store among the antique stores.

Matoska Trading Company        http://www.matoska.com/


In January I was shopping for an old kitchen table at the Orange Circle, and I found the store.


Their beads are a bit expensive, but they have everything to make authentic Native American crafts.

They have all kinds of beads, feathers, leather crafts, music and incense.



I bought these beads back in January, but I misplaced them when we moved everything.





Also this really awesome obsidian arrowhead!





I have no idea where it is.

If I made it into a pendant, I'm afraid it would stab me.



I made these simple stretch bracelets with the beads I got on Monday.


This purplish-blue is my favorite color.

Now that I think of it, it kind of reminds me of the Jacaranda flowers.



I also made these stretch bracelets from other beads.



Comments

  1. Love the Jacarandas! I like how you flow from chandeliers to car parts, to stretchy bracelets. Cool!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts