buried treasure?


Yesterday I had enough motivation to start dismantling the Green car.

I started from the back.

(I need the front seats in order to drive it.)



Here is the trunk, with half the plastic lining already out.



I worked for about an hour.

Much of the time was spent tracking down tools...




This screwdriver fell out from the back seat.




It wasn't one of mine!  (Probably the painter's)





Removing the bottom of the seats was not hard.

The seats are attached with just one bolt!








I was surprised by all the trash under the seats.





I thought I had already done this.

I forgot that was the other green car. They look so much alike now!



I never did a "Car Fax" on the car, but I learned all kinds of things about the previous owners.

"Lori" drove it in 1996 and bought business cards.


"Nora" got her hair cut in 2007.

The last owner, before it went into storage, was definitely a Greek lady.

All of them lived in the San Bernardino / Riverside area.


Anyway I'm not interested in contacting them, even if I found them on Facebook...



The seat back folds down, and is attached with one bolt on each side.






Here is a picture, kinda, with the seats out.






Here are the seats, out of the car:




The back portion (upside down)  is hefty, like 30lbs.


I drove around a bit afterward, and imagined that the car felt lighter without the seats!

Yay!




I ran into a snag, these Torx bolts that hold the seat belts are firmly stuck to the car body.





I can cut the old carpet out around them, but I don't want to cut the new carpet.


My dad found me a breaker bar, an extension for the wrench, but I was done for the day.


Another option would be to borrow an air wrench at Don's shop.

There are still more parts to dismantle, before I need help ...

Comments

  1. Wow, so impressive, I'm tired just watching,;o)
    Amazing to have one bolt holding the seats! Unless it would be Torx bolts?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts