Trapped in a room with a computer.

Today I am trapped in my garage.

The workers are removing the carpet and popcorn ceiling, and paint the walls in the living room and my bedroom.




Luckily, the desk with my computer is in the garage.

I had some time to kill before work, so I decided to blog a little more about the remodeling.



Parts of my kitchen are starting to look normal.

I have had the stove back in place for about a week!


The first thing I made was a pizza! (Not this little one, a great big one.)

I hate soggy, microwave pizza.



We were supposed to put a tall china cabinet against this wall:

However the design of the new cabinets now doesn't leave enough room for it.


I found this old buffet out in the patio.

It used to be in our kitchen when we were kids.
Dad had built some shelves to go above it, for china.
After a years it just began to go from room to room, and collecting junk.

Now it is a buffet table, again!

I put all of my tea in the top drawer.




The other, tall china cabinet is on an opposite wall behind the table.

I can't take a picture of it because it is full of knick nacks that I had to remove from the living room.



Mom had a lot of things in yet another curio cabinet, in the living room.




Yesterday when I  cleaning it out so it could be moved, I found a priceless find.


Many years ago, Mom began to write her memoirs in this little book.




I remembered her writing in a book, but she kept it hidden away.

I had never read it until now.



Each page had a little prompt and she wrote a bit on each topic.

I recognized stories she would tell us about her childhood.

She worked as a secretary, but the writing this book was personal and informal.
It was a little strange to read her writing in this style.


I am going to scan in the pages and send them to my siblings, right away!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts