Kitchen remodel update: In search of a table Part 1

The cabinets were installed over the weekend.

They are looking better than I could imagine.


( The sink is not going to be by the window. )

Here is a close up of the drawer pulls we picked out:




The city made its electrical inspection today, and everything is good to go!

Tomorrow, the counter top will arrive!


After that, there's one final inspection, and then we can start to put things away, at last.



One thing we got rid of while remodeling the kitchen was a large table.

Somebody moving to a smaller house gave this to our mom .
(she gave the neighbor the older table we had when we were kids.)

With the three additional panels it stretches out to 8 feet!



We don't have a family that big anymore, so we decided to give it to the church.

Now it is in a meeting room.

I think they need to put a brace under it...



We decided we wanted a table that was smaller, and round.

We had six oak colored chairs from the old table, and they were still good.


The kitchen is starting to have a rustic, country style, (although we didn't start out with any style in mind.)

I decided to find a round, sturdy oak table, to go with the chairs.


Ikea was the first place I went to look.

They had this table for about $350, but it doesn't come in a wood color.


Everything else I saw at Ikea looked flimsy, like a card table, or like a giant picnic table.


Another day, I went to the Salvation Army, but you have to be lucky, and I wasn't in luck.


I also checked out Living Spaces, which is a gigantic store with gigantic furniture...
It's a bit expensive, but also nothing in there looked like it would fit in my house.

I went online, and saw many interesting things, but I like to see stuff in person.



On Sunday, I went to the Orange Circle and checked out the antique shops.

I realized I had not been there in over 10 years!



I love old stuff, which is why I deliberately avoid that place...



To be continued...

Comments

  1. Very cool. love seeing it all take shape! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following me Jacki.
    Today I went to pick up my table.
    We drove down Bristol St. and I was telling my friend about the old Karate studio that used to be there, (and my art teacher.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts