Made some earrings out of sequins

The past few weeks, I haven't done much, but my phone is full of pictures.

I plan to go to the beach later today, but I need to make room on my phone camera.

While I archive my photos, I might as well blog about the last few weeks.

Hopefully I finish my blog before the sun sets!


One of the things I have been doing lately, is making jewelry with sequins.


My favorite pair of earrings are these old earrings made from sequins.
I have had them since the 80's.



They used to be longer, but they got damaged.
I added the bead on the top and an another sequin at the end.
You can't tell by the picture, but it is an angel.


The other day I got out my bunch of sequins and thought about remaking this earrings.


These sequins and confetti come assorted in a bag for about $4.50.

You can find them anywhere they sell crafts.



I discovered that I had already started a chain of iridescent angel sequins.



(The ghost shape didn't work, because the eye holes were too small to fit a metal loop.)

I think I used about 18 sequins per earring.

They came out looking awesome!



I really like the abstract shapes the angels make.




A few days after making the angel earrings, I went to a Jo-Ann craft store.

I was still thinking about the earrings, and saw a similar bag of random sequins.

This sequin assortment had some very specific, long shaped sequins that I liked.

I bought a whole bag just for those sequins.

Now, I have enough random sequins to half fill a shoebox!



I sorted out the long sequins from the rest, and sorted them by color.





I started a chain of pinkish, translucent earrings but the project stalled when I ran out of each color:





I barely had enough black and dark sequins to make a longer set of earrings.

The sequin package also had a lot of  large, round sequins.


(Large, round sequins are easy to find in their own package at the store.)

I haven't found a way to string them together in a way that hangs nicely, though.

Comments

Popular Posts