Another week went by!

Another week went by, and I haven't posted to my blog!

I was a bit more energetic this week, after all the depressing hurricanes in the news.



The beautiful garden outside the church office, today:




Last Sunday, I was leaving the grocery store, when the green car wouldn't start!

All the lights went out, including inside, so I knew it had to be the battery.

I wiggled the cables. The lights came on inside, then went out again.
After a few tries, I got it started and got home.

On later inspection the red cable on the battery was loose.



This cable is the "live" side so I had to be careful when tightening it.

That's why I had a towel on it, so that I wouldn't hit any metal.




I also used a wrench with a rubber handle.



It still had issues starting, so I drove to see Don the mechanic.

(It ended up that I just didn't tighten it enough, and everything was OK.

Also I should have used the proper tool, not a wrench, but I was afraid of getting shocked.)


While I was at Don's, he put the car up on the rack, so I could continue putting screws into the body panels.
There were so many things the painter didn't put back!


Here is a picture, looking up under the car.

The rear license plate light bulb holder, that I made from a milk carton:



Here is that wrecked Camaro that Don is stripping for parts:




Amazingly, Don got it running, and can drive it in and out of his garage.

I got a few of the body screws I needed, from it.

I noticed he put my smelly old tan seats into it, so it could be driven.


At work on Monday, a very loud kitten began wandering around the office.
I asked my dad to bring some cat food from home.

It was so hungry, it was even meowing while eating.

This is exactly how I ended up with the cat I have now.

It just marched right in!

I just love cats with a bold personality.



I was tempted to keep it, but I was exhausted by the end of the day.

I just didn't have the energy for playing with a kitten, or introducing it to my other animals.


The kitten was very friendly, and easily found a home with the office manager.

She has an allergy, but she has a big family who will play with it.

Comments

  1. I decided you are the star of a car opera!
    A very patient & knowledgeable star!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts