Spots! Swirls!

Today I went to pay for the rims for the red car.
I had sent them out to have the aluminum part polished about 2 weeks ago.

They came out very nice!



We did a dumb thing which was to spray the rims with water to get the dust off
(the center gold area, which we didn't repaint, because the center was OK)

The sun baked the water and left spots! Doh!



 It will come off though.

I was tempted to put them on the red car today.

But Don the mechanic is leaving for vacation, on Friday.

He won't be putting my new brakes on the red car for a week or two.

Meanwhile, I can put these newly shiny rims on the newly painted Green car!


Next, I paid a surprise visit to the painter.

Every time I see him, he says it will be ready tomorrow.

At least that one headlight cover is now polished.




The whole car looks like it is evenly polished, but not done.

There are still a lot of swirls!




I'm pretty sure he still has to put a coat of glazing on it... Or another round of buffing.

Also the door strips are still not done. Or the windshield weather seal.

I called him, and he said it would be done by the end of the day today!

Yeah, right!

I said "how about tomorrow morning?"

We'll see.

Comments

  1. Oh bless your heart Julie!
    Have you heard of the patience of Job?
    We may need to m=nominate you for sainthood! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts