Shiny rims, loose trim and fancy bottled water

On Friday before work I went to see Don the mechanic.

When I washed the car the day before, among other things, I discovered a lot of the trim on the car wasn't fastened down.


Sure enough when we put the car on the rack, there were a lot of screws that weren't there.


(Also, from this angle, you can tell he didn't buff the lower edges of the bumper )



Those are just some of the places screws were missing.

I only did about half of them, and then I had to go to work.



Earlier that day, I met Jesse who recently opened a tire business across from Don's shop.




A few weeks ago I gave him some rims and he took them to a place to get polished.

These are exactly the same kind of rims that the green car had.

They were going to go on the red car so they will fit over my new larger brakes (someday).

These rims are much shinier than the ones the green car had.



They have little spots because I decided to hose the dust off, in the sun, which was a mistake!



Looking better!





I didn't visit the painter to complain, because I ran out of time before going to work.

It's probably better than I didn't, because I'm still pretty upset...





Saturday after work, I debated about it, but drove the green car to the store.

A cop followed me a short while, but didn't pull me over.

I forgot the light bulb over the rear license plate isn't plugged in!!!

I forgot about it, until I inserted the picture at the top of this page.

Maybe he saw it hanging there and decided I knew about it.

Luckily he didn't stop me, because I don't have the front plate now, either!



While I was at the store, without any warning except the smell, the car emptied itself of water.


It was too dark to see, but it is probably the water pump.

Water pumps are the first thing to go bad when a car sits for a long time.

(Besides the battery.)


The radiator was nearly empty, and I needed water.

I was near a Ross store, and I found a use for the gourmet bottled water they have in the checkout line.


It took 3 bottles and it left a trail of fancy water all the way home.


Luckily it wasn't far, and the car didn't even get warm.

(Driving an overheated car for even a short time is very bad.
It causes the engine block and other things to warp. Ask me how I know.)


Now I'll have to spend my day off getting the water pump fixed instead of getting the rims put on the Red car.


Well, at least when I'm there, I can finish putting the screws in the trim...

Comments

  1. I admire how much you know about cars,
    but especially your amazing patience! ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts