7 months and 30 days and hours to go

On Saturday, I did go to visit the Green car with Don the mechanic, like I wanted.


The car started up right away, which was my first concern.

I thought it didn't sound right.
It's been a long time since I heard it rumble.

(I put the dates into an online calculator.  https://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html

242 days.
7 months and 30 days.
34 weeks and 4 days.
66.30% of a common year. )

Don disagreed and said it sounded fine.
(We didn't open the hood though because the painter was still working on things)


The car was a dusty mess, so I didn't take any pictures.

The painter still had a lot to do, and I had to go to work, so I did.



Sunday, I also worked.



The painter called at 11:30 am, and said that the car was ready.

However, when I got out of work at 3:00 PM and went there, it seemed he still had more to do.






Overall I was happier with the way it looked than it did yesterday.

However, on closer inspection, there was still some swirl marks, which I pointed out and he was getting rid of in the picture.


Also, you cant tell in this picture, but everything around the lower inches of the car, and the corners, wasn't polished at all!

I don't blame him, because it must be hard to get down and polish the lower half.


However, I just couldn't take it home like that.
He wanted me to wait another hour to finish but I insisted.
Even though it was killing me, I made him keep it one more day...

I only hope he put it inside the garage at night. He was complaining about space.
I made him swear he would put it away, like 10 times.


On the way home, I bought a dresser at IKEA.

Not randomly.

I had been planning on updating my bedroom furniture for many years.

I went to measure things in person on Friday.






While I was at IKEA, I saw some tempting armchairs.




The faux leather one would match the other furniture better.

The gray would be practical too.


But no, I only like the dark green velvet one in the back... (Maybe next paycheck.)




I think this is why I don't drive a Prius...




There are other furniture items in the Hemnes line, but for now I only bought the dresser.


It took about 5 hours to assemble, with Dad helping too, mostly directing.








I only put one drawer together inside out, and had to rebuild it!

Everything else went together. I'm happy and tired.

Maybe I felt guilty about making the painter work so hard, so I had to do this.





My room is a mess now, but  when I get it back in order, I'll take pictures of the results...

And the car...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts