Self-Portrait

Recently I added lot of family on Facebook that haven't seen me in years.

I needed a face to put up, but I really don't like photos of me!

I haven't drawn a self-portrait in many, many years, so that's what I did today.



I took out a mirror and some watercolor pencils.
I'd like to do it in acrylic paint, but I knew I wasn't ready for that today.

I haven't hardly done any drawing in a few weeks, except for some face sketches in crayon last month.
I can't even remember when I used my watercolor pencils, last.



I started out with a drawing a big oval, then drawing in the features:



Here's a little further along:



I like to photgraph the progress, because I tend to overdo everything!



Here I went over everything with a wash of water:




Then I had to fix few issues.

This is where I ended up:



I think it was better in the previous.


There, I fixed the hair a bit:




I was very surprised that I could do this after neglecting drawing for so long.
I guess it helped to have a purpose.


I think I'm going to switch from wire jewelry to water color pencils this week...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts