More purple flowers

(Wednesday)

I think the jacaranda trees blossomed more this year because of the rain.

Maybe I walked around the neighborhood more this year?


Dad says they bloomed twice last year, but I dunno...
They are from South America and many years ago, they used to bloom only in the fall.

Close up of the flowers:


Other years I have noticed fewer flowers, and more sticky sap residue.

They still make a mess on the streets.
This was last Sunday, 1 day after the gardener leaf-blowed the driveway:


I am kinda glad the painter hasn't finished my Green car yet.
I would hate for it to get rained on by these purple flowers!


I also made some bracelets today.
I was looking for an idea and I found these long tube beads:




I cut some elastic type cords and stuffed them into the tubes with a little super glue:


I didn't put a lot of glue because I didn't want the outside to get crusty.

At first they all fell apart when I went to put them on.
I expected that, since I didn't know what I was doing.

After another drop of glue, they were all cemented pretty well and didn't come apart again.
I think it worked only because there is a lot of surface area inside the metal tubes.

Comments

  1. I don't know why, but I love hearing about your green car.
    Maybe it's like people liking my Dad stories? Strange?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts