Mom, yesterday

This week I went through photo albums and boxes looking for pictures of Mom.
I started scanning them in to my computer...

I'm working on a memorial.


Here's Mom at the office, sometime between 2005 and 2012.




I know it seems a little cold- to start working on a memorial, without knowing the results of the latest chemo.
My boss was shocked when I told her!
And I'm sure my family might not like to have family pictures, online.

But I'm just glad to have had so much time with her, and be able to do this now...


She has such a great personality and I hope to share that with people, through her photos.

With my art background, I'd be ashamed not to do a proper memorial, when the time comes, and there are a lot of photos!


The pictures I scanned this week were the ones that were most accessible.


I didn't get into any of the really old photo albums, like of her childhood, yet.


Here's mom and dad, and my godparents. Late 70's or early 80's.


(I saved that 70's lamp back there, it has awesome amber glass, and it holds my hats and purses.)



My dad has family in Ohio, and my sister moved to Kansas after high school.

This was taken somewhere in the Midwest, in the early 80's.
Me and my brother, Mom and dad, and her mother.



Grandma died in 1989 and we were really close!

At work, I meet people all the time, who don't even know what happened to their loved ones in Mexico.
People who just disappear.
.
Or, the person's family is unable to travel to the funeral, due to issues with their VISA.

I'm just altogether grateful...

Comments

  1. I think it's wonderful that you are able to look at photos, and have your Mom and Dad to tell you about them. It's your history too. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts