On my day off Thursday, I cleaned the patio and all its windows.
Today I cleaned my drawing room.
I want to buy more storage containers, but it's raining.
So I'm blogging while I wait for the rain to stop.
Yesterday, I tried melting some solder into the chocolate molds.
I hadn't tried to solder in a while. It was blobby.
I wasn't happy with the results.
It would surely get the solder molten hot.
The torch was too big and awkward.
The solder wouldn't go where I wanted, it would just drip.
The torch also burned the molds (they are only good up to 400 degrees.)
I think I will put it away for awhile.
I found the jewelry-shaped candy mold from Wilton, which I had only tried with hot glue.
I heated up some scrap pieces of solder into one of the long shapes.
(I used the soldering iron this time.)
The long shape will make it easier to re-melt the next time I need it.
(It wouldn't bend into a bracelet.)
I got an idea to glue a stone into one of the shapes.
I had some faux turquoise, but they were the wrong size to fit into the shape I'd made.
I was able to find a bead that fit into another shape, so I melted the solder and glued the bead, and this turned out well:
I've heard the first thing you do on the New Year is what you will do all year long.
2016 was pretty uninspiring for me, so this time I will be sure to be crafting at midnight!
Happy New Year to all!