News about Mom, copying some earrings.

Mom's oncologist today said that they would continue with her chemotherapy, because the results on the tumor had been good, but give her two different and less intense medications, because the first  chemo they gave her had left her too weak.

She is scheduled to come home on Sunday.
She will continue to get physical therapy at home.
The new chemo will not require hospitalization.


Today I continued working on some earrings that I started on Sunday.

I copied them from a old magazine I found, In Style from 2006.


No offense intended to the original artist, and I am not copying the design for profit.

I didn't have real gold wire, and the gold-colored wire I have is painted.
So if I were to hammer on it, the color would flake off.

Copper wire is much cheaper and I did have some of that, and it is colored all the way through.


I had to cut out a lot of loops. The largest is about 2" diameter.
The ones on the right have already been hammered.

The small loops were supposed to be different sizes but it didn't turn out that way.
I made regular loops by wrapping several times around different diameter pens and things.

I assembled one earring part way, and it is looking nice.



However, the loops are still "open" because they aren't soldered or welded.
So it will just fall apart if you move it.

I really want to wear these so I am going to have to learn how to close the loops (without superglue)

Comments

Popular Posts