Wire things

Today I got up early, despite having a bad cold, and spent the time before work making jewelry.

After thinking about it, I made a nice necklace on a wire with greenish turquoise and almost real-looking pearls.



After that I looked at many beads, until I found some that seemed to fit together.
I ended up with these gothic-looking stretchy bracelets.


I haven't made anything with wire lately.
I made some spirals out of wire and hammered on them to make them flat.
Two of them looked similar and I put them aside to make earrings.
The other ones were irregular. I stretched them out to see what that looked like and made a spring.


I got an idea to put a big glass marble in the two stretched-out wire pieces,
and make a hanging outdoor decoration, like the kind they sell at the fair.

 
It didn't quite work out.
Maybe I should have looked at a picture first!
I started over with a thicker wire and made a regular spiral.

 
I hung it up on an old wind spinner ornament in a tree.


I spent another hour taking pictures of everything that was growing in my yard.
Maybe I'll do something else with all those pictures...

It was overcast but I still got a tan.
I can't believe it's almost the middle of May.

May 10 is also the day people celebrate Mother's day in Mexico.
Mom isn't doing any worse.
I've been trying to stay at a distance, hoping she won't get my cold.
We haven't gotten any results from the biopsy.

Comments

  1. I love that you go with your wonderful talents ...
    you do have a lot of gifts.
    Prayers and healing wished for your Mom! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts