A necklace

This week I haven't had a chance to draw anything.

I have been writing my feelings and dreams in my journal, but I can't seem to find the extra hour or two I need to illustrate them.

Last night I had a great dream, where I had to go to a dress-up event.
I took three dresses and three pairs of shoes to my friends house, where I was going to get dressed
I didn't dream about the event at all, just the dress.
Afterward, it was time to go home and I couldn't find my shoes.
The whole floor of my friend's home was covered with shoes.
Hundreds of shoes, and not a single one of them had its matching pair.

That would have been fun to draw.
At work I vowed to sneak in a half hour and sketch, but it was impossible.

At home today I made this necklace and earrings.


I want to try this with a different color bead.
It's hard to find enough beads in a similar color but different shape
.
I think I use a different part of my brain for making jewelry, than for drawing and painting.
It always feels like I took the easy way out!

Comments

  1. Beautiful jewelry Julie!
    I agree I do think it requires a different part of the brain, but also creative. Sometimes I need to do what I call busy work, to exercise another area?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts