the new normal

Today I spent much of the day cleaning up my drawing room.
I had a lot of things from the bedroom I painted in there, so there wasn't much room to draw.

I did scribble a little in my sketchbook, but nothing exciting.
It felt like coming back home after being on vacation.

The other day my mom fell and has a small fracture in her ankle.

Lately she has been forgetting things and being more distant.
This week was the worst, because she realized she can't remember things and words and it made her depressed.

I'm afraid she won't be able to remember to stay off her foot.
The good news is my dad is more retired that he used to be, and taking care of her is giving him something to do.

Little by little I have been explaining what is going on, to her friends that I see at the church.

Comments

Popular Posts