Goodbye Tiger (and Frog)

This weekend I decided to repaint my bedroom.
Probably because I have a lot of better things to do (like a tune-up on the green car, or take an art class.)

Maybe about 5 years ago I painted the room a salmon pink, called Lotus Flower.
This limited my choice of curtains and beddings to be a warm color, usually pink and flowery.
Back then I was into the Shabby Chic thing.
I painted some of my old bedroom furniture antique white.
I also have a dark brown bed and bookshelf.

I also like gray, purple, and gold color schemes for bedrooms, and since it was time for new bedding I decided to do the whole thing over again.

Here is just one of many inspirations:


I love looking at room color schemes on Google!

I picked up a wall color in between gray and purple, called Aged and Ancient Purple, from Walmart.
(I had it mixed at Home Depot because I went there next, and I didn't like their colors.)


At first it looked too purple but as it dried it looked more neutral.
I only got about as far as the door.

Previously, the back of the door had a tiger I painted almost 20 years ago!


At one point I had an entire bedroom wall painted as a jungle mural.
I took a picture as a memento.

I repainted around those "shelves" I made for the nail polish.
Opposite the door.
I also bought a trim color, slightly warmer than Antique White.


Under the shelves had been an Ocelot.


I noticed something stuck to the wall by the floor.
I had taped a picture of a tree frog to the wall!


Did I want to copy it, or make a decoupage thing?
After I taped it, I forgot all about it, for all those years!

They are all gone now.

Comments

  1. No wonder we didn't see you in class, but so impressed with all that you did! And, I love the color!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts