Guadalupe festival part 1

There are so many events going on at the church this weekend!
It will take me a few days to cover everything.
All week and all night yesterday, there were dancers on the outdoor stage.
(My computer froze up when I got to downloading those pics from my phone.)

I had an epic bowl of pozole,









This is a pork stew with hominy, similar to menudo, but without the tripe.
They add chopped cabbage and onions and very hot salsa on top.
I've tried making my own pozole and menudo a few times but it never comes out the same.

Every year, one particular family puts up a tent, and spends hours creating an amazing sand painting.


They make a stencil outline and then pour different colored sand to color it in.
Then they lay pieces of turf and flowers all around.










They call the result a "tapete" which means carpet.



The sand really does look like fuzzy carpet!
Little kids can't resist touching it.
















The next day everything gets swept up and thrown away.



Comments

Popular Posts